I had a great workout with my trainer, G, yesterday evening! He had me on a tough circuit, but I’m stronger than I ever realized! While I totally complain during my session, I am doing the exercises so much BETTER than when I started! And because I know you want to know what I did, here you go!
- 3 minutes on treadmill – y’all know I’m not a runner, BUT I walked for 1 minute, JOGGED for 1:45 and walked for the last 15 seconds!
- Sit ups (yuck) – G had me put my feet under 50 pound dumbbells for stability
- Jumping jacks – ‘nuf said
- Squats – G had one of those giant balls so I knew how far down to put my hind parts in the squat!
- Burpees (triple yuck) – minor (major) clarification…..these were burpees with weights! I had to use 15 pound dumbbells in each hand and press at the top! Are you kidding me?!
- Ab work – involved lying on my back and moving both legs, together, from side to side and the dreaded “V-ups”
I had my mind right this time. Last week, I was a mess because I was too in my head. This week, I rocked my session! And when I said, circuit, I meant it! Most of the above exercises were done 3-4 times EACH! It’s amazing what can be accomplished in a 30 minute session.
I’m thinking I’m gonna hit zumba tonight. I miss it so much! My schedule has been SUPER hectic, and I need to make that time again! I’m at a plateau and ready to start toning up and lose some more weight!
Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!